8 Car Cleaning Hacks That Will Make Your Vehicle Shine
Don't have the money or time to get your car professionally cleaned? Lucky for you, we have compiled some of the best car cleaning hacks from Kiwi Report that are sure to leave your car spick and span.
- Foam paint brushes: You've probably seen these in your local craft store. They don't have to be just for painting, you can use them to clean your air vents!
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste: These can do more than just clean your teeth! Apply toothpaste to the lens of your headlight, scrub and rinse! As for your toothbrush, mix moxie and elbow grease and scrub-a-dub-dub into those interior crevices. The brush will dig deep and keep those hard to reach places looking fresh.
- Cola: All of the acid in one of your favorite drinks can help remove rust from your car. All you need to do it spray it on the rusty part of your car, wait and wipe it off … yum?
- Q-Tip: If you don’t like the idea of a toothbrush in the car but still want to get those hard to reach places, try a Q-Tip! These are sure to pick up that excess dirt.
- Silicone cupcake molds: Grab some silicone cupcake molds and put them into the cup holders. When you notice them getting dirty, just take them out and wash them!
- Dryer sheets: Sometimes after a drive, we have some bug splatters on our cars. If you rub a little water on a dryer sheet and dab away at the splatters, your car look as good as new!
- Cereal box: With no proper trash can in a car, sometimes we forget to take things to the garbage after a drive and it can pile up. Grab a plastic cereal box, put a trash bag in it, and attach the lid back on and voila! You now have a DIY portable car trash bin.
- Vaseline: Great for moisturizing, but also great for your vinyl or leather interior! Put a dab of Vaseline on a cloth and rub the cloth all over your interior to prevent the leather from cracking and giving it a nice finish.
Give these hacks a try and let us know how your vehicle shines!